Sunday, February 8, 2009

Humpty Dumpty

4th birthday!
It started with an egg! Using an egg that resembles a kinder egg, but has a white front,
I started my humpty! Using some left over flannel fabric I sewed arms and legs, Using white left over fabric I sewed up his hands and white collar. Then fabric glued them alltogether. It ended up that I didn't need to glue anything to the actual egg, which was a nice surprise!
Here he is with his face on:) Sadly the only thing I could find to put his face on was a dry earse marker! So after all that the egg couldn't be eaten afterall. Don't worry after Humpty fell off the wall they had fun with the surprise inside!
The wall! I cheated, becasue we were heading away for the weekend, I needed to find a way to assemble the cake at the hotel. this wa sa great alternative to a loaf cake. We iced the tray with green icing to help the "grass" stick around the wall!
We iced the jelly roll, which is really hard to do, with chocolate icing. Using boxes of bridge mixture, we built the wall. We left a spot on the top of the wall for Humpty to sit, we then used green colored coconut for the grass, and voila, one humpty dumpty cake ready for a very excited 4 year old!

A play mat for the 4 year old, quilted along the roads with dump trucks on the back.
For the soon to be three year old ( who also opened up some gifts this past weekend) He received an airplane play mat, quilted in a control panel pattern. Go Diego Go! With 1 yard of fabric I was able to make a pillow case for the lad, and a matching sleeping bag and pillow for his litle blue dog! All the better the fabric was on sale for $7.00/m!










2 comments:

Join Us For Breakfast said...

wow, wow and more wow! I am impressed! looks like a fun bday for the little fella :)
P

Sabrina said...

In my short 13 years of cake making.... this one was by far the easiest(besides buying one)!
I'll send you the link for the book we use